You can use greetings from the YouMail Community as ringtones. To take advantage of this feature, your phone will need to have SMS and a data plan. Once you download the audio file onto your phone, you will need to follow your phone-specific instructions for converting it into a ringtone.
There are two ways to access the Community greetings from your online account:
- Another way is to click on "Greetings" then under the "Your Main Greeting" section, click on "YouMail Community"
- Browse or search through the greetings until you find one you would like to use as a ringtone
- Select a greeting and click “Send it to your phone”
- You can continue browsing the YouMail Community and send as many ringtones to your phone as you like
- Go to your phone’s text messages and open up the link(s) to the audio files
- Follow your phone’s instructions for converting audio files into ringtones. Different phones and operating systems will have different processes. Please look up the instructions specific for your phone on your phone developer’s website.
To save a community greeting through your app, you can follow theses steps:
- Open the YouMail app, tap on the gear icon on the bottom right and tap on "Greetings".
- In Greetings section, tap the big blue button on the bottom right and select "Browse Greetings"
- Tap any category you wish to search and once you've made your selection, tap on "Send it to your phone"
- Open the YouMail app and tap on the 3 lines on the top left and tap on "Greetings"
- Tap the 3 dots on the top right and tap "Browse Community"
- Select a category you wish to search and once you've made your selection, tap "Send it to your phone"
If you would like to download new greetings for your callers, our Downloading Greetings Guide may be able to help.