Bell Mobility customers can connect to YouMail! If your calls are forwarded to a long distance number, you will be billed for long distance charges. Bell Mobility allows it's users to add Call Forwarding to their plans, or there is a pay-per-use service for $0.25 per minute.
Add the Bell Mobility rate plan here!
Please be aware that Bell Mobility offers two different call forwarding plans.
- Call Forwarding: All calls are forwarded to the deposit number after the first ring, which does not give the user time to pick up the call.
- No Answer Transfer: Calls will ring and give the user a chance to pick up the call, if the calls if not answered it will be transferred/forwarded to the deposit number.
In order for YouMail to work properly our users will need to enable the No Answer Transfer option. Check to see if you have the No Answer Transfer feature on your plan. Also, please disable your carrier voicemail plan and ensure your YouMail Deposit Number is a local number to you to avoid long distance charges. This can be done by following the instructions below:
Turning off Bell Mobility's Call Forwarding
Please be aware that there are different instructions for the different networks under Bell Mobility
- Go to the Call Settings menu from the main menu of your phone. Select Call Forwarding.
- Select the type of call you’d like to forward. For example, you can forward all voice calls or only calls that you don't answer.
- Follow the prompts to activate including entering the forwarding destination number (Your YouMail Voicemail Box #, which you can get by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org). Remember that if this is a long distance call, you'll be billed the long distance fees.
- Once Call Forwarding is activated, you'll receive a free text message on your phone to confirm that the activation is complete.
For the EVDO/1XRTT network
- Dial *72# from your mobile phone
- Enter the 11-digit number that you would like your calls forwarded to (1 + area code + number).
- Press SEND
- You’ll hear a tone to confirm that the feature has been turned on.
Click here to view the Bell Mobility's Call Forwarding FAQ and follow the instructions for No Answer Transfer to send missed calls over to YouMail.