Call Forwarding with Bell Mobility
Bell Mobility customers can connect to YouMail! If your calls are forwarded to a long-distance number, you will be billed for long-distance charges, so please check your forwarding number here (under Deposit Number) before proceeding. If it is long distance to you, please send an email to the Customer Support team to have it changed. Bell Mobility allows it's customers to add Call Forwarding to their plans, or there is a pay-per-use service for $0.25 per minute.
Add the Bell Mobility rate plan here!
Please be aware that Bell Mobility offers two different call forwarding plans.
- Call Forwarding: All calls are forwarded to the deposit number after the first ring, which does not give the user time to pick up the call.
- No Answer Transfer: Calls will ring and give the user a chance to pick up the call, if the calls if not answered they will be transferred/forwarded to the deposit number.
In order for YouMail to work properly, our users will need to enable the No Answer Transfer option. Check to see if you have the No Answer Transfer feature on your plan. Also, please disable your carrier voicemail plan and ensure your YouMail Deposit Number is a local number to you to avoid long-distance charges. This can be done by following the instructions below:
Turning off Bell Mobility's Call Forwarding
Please be aware that there are different instructions for the different networks under Bell Mobility
- Go to the Call Settings menu from the main menu of your phone. Select Call Forwarding.
- Select the type of call you’d like to forward. For example, you can forward all voice calls or only calls that you don't answer.
- Follow the prompts to activate including entering the forwarding destination number (You can find your deposit number under Deposit Number here). Remember that if this is a long-distance call, you'll be billed the long-distance fees.
- Once Call Forwarding is activated, you'll receive a free text message on your phone to confirm that the activation is complete.
For the EVDO/1XRTT network
- Dial *72# from your mobile phone
- Enter the 11-digit number that you would like your calls forwarded to (1 + area code + number).
- Press SEND
- You’ll hear a tone to confirm that the feature has been turned on.
Click here to view the Bell Mobility's Call Forwarding FAQ and follow the instructions for No Answer Transfer to send missed calls over to YouMail.
|Not finding a resolution to your issue? Submit a request here! We'd love to get your issue resolved.