Please verify if your T-Mobile contract type allows for you to use YouMail. Prepaid T-Mobile plans do not offer call forwarding features.
To learn how to activate YouMail through the app, please go to our How to Setup Call Forwarding with YouMail Help Center article.
*If you have recently transferred from Sprint to T-Mobile or have lost YouMail connection since late May/early June 2021, please follow this hyperlink to our support article: T-Mobile/Sprint Merger Activation Issues
*T-Mobile MMI Error Issue:
As of October 16, 2019, we've found that some T-Mobile YouMail users are experiencing an MMI error. If you received a message that said "invalid MMI codes" please follow the following steps.
- Go to your iPhone's Settings app
- Go to "Cellular"
- Click "Cellular Data Options"
- Tap "Enable LTE"
- Click "Off"
- Return to the YouMail app and try to reactivate (open the app, select the Settings icon in the bottom right, click "Activate" and follow steps).
- Go to your Android's Settings
- Select "Network and Internet"
- Select "Mobile Network"
- Turn off "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode"
- Return to the YouMail app and try to reactivate (open the app, tap the Menu in the top left corner, go to Settings, click Activate/Deactivate and follow steps).
**Note: The settings choices may differ slightly depending on the phone and OS.**