We value each and every customer, so we’re disappointed to hear that you’ve decided to cancel your YouMail account. Is there anything that we can do to change your mind?
- If it’s a technical issue, let us work with you to solve your problem! Contact our Support Team by clicking here to submit a ticket.
- If it’s something else, please let us know so that we can work to correct it. Please click here to submit a ticket and let us know what we can do to improve your YouMail experience.
Still Need to Cancel?
Returning to your carrier’s voicemail is very simple but keep in mind that it’s more than just deleting the app from your phone. Uninstalling the application only removes the app from your device, it will NOT stop your missed calls from going to YouMail.
To close your YouMail account and return to your carrier’s voicemail, you'll just need to complete the steps and dial your carrier's specific Deactivation Codes. Click here to close your account.
- Cancel your YouMail account on the web: Click this link and follow the onscreen instructions. Please note that this will permanently delete all voicemail messages, greetings, contact information, and anything else you have on YouMail.
- If the app is on your phone, you use a simple setting in the app to return to carrier voicemail without cancelling your account:
iPhone – Tap the gear icon on the bottom right, select Return to Carrier’s Voicemail and Follow instructions on screen.
Android – Tap the Menu button (☰) on the top left, Tap Settings, tap Activate/Deactivate, Select Return to Carrier Voicemail, Select Yes, return my voicemail to my carrier.
After you confirm that your carrier voicemail is working again, you can delete the YouMail app.
- If you’ve already deleted the app, you have to dial a code directly into your phone to return to your carrier voicemail. Look at the table below, and dial the code listed next to your carrier to deactivate YouMail. If it doesn’t work, just dial 611 (on your wireless phone) and ask to return to carrier voicemail. It should only take a minute or two.
Call The Following Code or Codes Specific to your Carrier to Deactivate your YouMail Account:
|Carrier Name||Deactivation Code|
|Sprint||*730 and *740|
|Cricket (Leap Wireless)||*730|
|US Cellular Corp||*900 and *920|
|Verizon Residential||*900 and *920|
|AT&T Residential||*900 and *920|
|Wind Mobile (Canada)||##004#|
|NW Missouri Wireless||##004#|
|ATT Landline||*900 and *920|
|SBC Residential||*900 and *920|
|Cox Digital||*900 and *920|
|MTS Mobility||*900 and *920|
|Sasktel||*900 and *920|
If you’re still having trouble, we’d love to help. Please make sure to submit a request Here with as much information as you can provide! Thank you!