Close Your Account and Go Back to your Provider
We value each and every customer, so we are disappointed to hear that you have decided to cancel your YouMail account. Is there anything that we can do to change your mind? If so, click here!
- To close your YouMail account and return to your carrier’s voicemail, complete the steps and dial your carrier's specific deactivation codes.
- If there is an active subscription, it MUST be cancelled before reverting to your carrier. If a refund is to be processed, please contact support via email so this can be confirmed. You can view this article to cancel your subscription: How to Cancel an Active Subscription
- Keep in mind that canceling is more than just deleting the app from your phone. Uninstalling the application only removes the app from your device, it will NOT stop your missed calls from going to YouMail.
Login to the Website and Cancel
- Sign in to your YouMail account here: Sign In | YouMail.
- On the top-hand panel, click on your name, and then select Profile.
- From there, scroll down and click Close Account.
- You will be prompted to have the service Deactivated. This MUST be done to completely remove YouMail from your device.
- Ensure the codes are dialed exactly as shown, once done, select the checkbox and continue.
- After the deactivation steps, in the following prompt, please select the option to Completely delete my account*, this will ensure the account is deleted**.
*Selecting this will permanently delete all voicemails, greetings, contact information, etc.
**IF you choose the option to keep your voicemails, this will keep the account active not closed. Not to worry, you can have these voicemails saved to your device before closing the account. For saving your voicemails to your computer, click here.
Returning to Carrier's Voicemail:
If you'd like to have the service returned to your carrier's voicemail through the YouMail Android or iPhone app, or if you've already deleted the app but still need to deactivate, please view the article below on how to get this done: Deactivating YouMail.
How to Deactivate YouMail
Deactivation Codes Are Not Working
How to Cancel an Order
|Not finding a resolution to your issue? Submit a request here! We'd love to get your issue resolved.