Voicemails Not Showing Up via the App
It can be frustrating to experience delays with your voicemail. Delays may occur for a variety of reasons – most often due to issues outside of the YouMail app. Data connection, WiFi connection, third-party applications or device OS can all conflict with the retrieval of your messages if configured incorrectly. Fortunately, we can help!
You can do some quick routine maintenance for your Android apps to refresh the connection and clear out unnecessary data. Please follow the simple directions below.
1. Clear your phone's cache:
- Go to your phone's Settings > Apps/Applications > YouMail > Storage > Clear Cache + Force Stop
- Uninstall and re-install the app
2. Check your connection security settings in the YouMail app:
- Tap the three lines in the top left corner for the Menu > More > Advanced Settings > Connection Security > "Always"
3. Check your push notifications settings:
- Tap the three lines in the top left corner for the Menu > Settings > Messages > ensure Push Updates is checked
Additionally, you will want to make sure you are either on WiFi or have a solid data connection. You can check the strength of your data connection by opening high-data usage apps like YouTube and Facebook. If they are not experience any lag, your connection should be fine.
Are you activating with Poor Connection?
Why Are My Android Push Notifications Being Delayed?
|Not finding a resolution to your issue? Submit a request here! We'd love to get your issue resolved.|