First, please be sure that you have correctly enabled Email & Text Alerts on your YouMail account. You can do so either within the app or on the YouMail website.
For email alerts, make sure that you have already confirmed your email address which is typically done when you initially sign up. When enabling Text Alerts, you will be sent a verification code that you will need to enter in order to activate Text Alerts.
To set up desired alerts:
- Log into your account on the YouMail website
- Click on "Settings" on the left hand side and select "Voicemail to Text"
Enabling Email Alerts
- Email alerts are the first setting option
- Click "Configure Email Alerts" and check all that you wish to apply
- Click “Save” at the bottom of the Screen.
Enabling SMS/TXT Message Alerts
- Look for the SMS Alerts heading
- Click on "Configure SMS Alerts" and then the "Configure Phone" button. A text will be sent with a PIN for you to enter and confirm.
- Once that is done, check each of the boxes to set it up however you like and click "Save".
If you have correctly enabled Email and Text Message Alerts and still notice the notifications are not working, please give your number a test call from another phone to verify that you are still activated to with YouMail. If the missed call and voicemail message do not show up in your YouMail account, go through the activation process again.