YouMail allows you to set special greetings for any and all blocked and unknown callers without you needing to set greetings for each individually. Just follow these steps to set up this feature on the YouMail website.
2. Select “Private Numbers Greeting”
3. Select the bubble and select the greetings you want Blocked and Blank Caller ID callers to hear.
If the user would like calls from private numbers blocked completely, they can block the Private Number contact in their YouMail account. It's only visible from the web.
- Under the contacts setting, search the word "private" so the contact will come up right away
- Open the contact and under "Call Blocking and Privacy", click the hyperlink "Enable Blocking" so the contact is blocked.
- The pop up will let you know what to expect. They will be blocked from leaving a message but will still hear the main greeting. You can change what those types of blocked callers hear by checking the box to use a custom greeting
If you would like to activate YouMail Privacy Guard or know more about it, please check out our YouMail Privacy Guard Guide.
If you would like to learn how to upload or record custom greetings, please check out our Custom Greeting Guide.