YouMail is able to automatically upload your iPhone contacts into your YouMail Contact List so that you can add custom greetings and photo IDs for specific contacts. In order for YouMail to update your contacts automatically, please allow YouMail to access your contacts in your iPhone Settings and YouMail Settings. It is usually asked when you first install the app, to give it permission to have your contacts synced to YouMail.
To add contacts to your YouMail Contact List:
1. Open the YouMail app and you will see a row of icons on the bottom. Select the icon that looks like a person.
2. Once at the "Contacts" screen, select the blue button on the bottom right of the screen that has a plus sign in it. This will allow you to add a contact into your YouMail contact list.
To ensure that your iPhone contact list is synced with YouMail:
1. Be sure that you have allowed YouMail access to your contacts. You are able to allow access when you initially download the app, but if you did not then you can still do so by going to the settings tab and scrolling down to "App Permissions". You will then toggle the switch next to "Contacts" so that it is green which indicates it is on.
2. Go to the "Contacts" screen. If there are no contacts yet, then select "Add Contacts". Then, select "Sync Contacts". This will set your contacts to automatically update in YouMail when you add contacts to your iPhone contact list.
Please note that we do not have the ability to sync contacts from YouMail's list, to your iPhone. We can only sync contacts from the iPhone, to YouMail.
3. Select the cloud icon with an arrow in it located on the top-right hand corner of the "Contacts" screen. Then select to enable contacts backup. This will safely backup your contact list in YouMail's cloud. It will also improve caller ID and allow YouMail to greet your callers by name.
Please reach out to us if you run into any issues or have any questions! We will be happy to assist.