Everything regarding your Auto-Attendant menu can be controlled from the settings section on the website.
**Auto Attendant is a premium feature and requires a subscription to one of our Professional plans.**
Configuring the Auto-Attendant
- Sign into YouMail using the link: YouMail Sign In
- Click on Settings > Auto Attendant
- Click Configure Main Menu
- Remember to Toggle the Auto-Attendant ON
- You will see tabs where you can set the time of day and days of the week you want callers to hear the menu greeting, select the greeting you want to be played, and the transfer menu options.
- If you want a different greeting playing outside of the business hours, save your changes and then click on Configure Off-Hours Menu and follow similar steps.
Selecting Time of Day: (Optional)
When configuring this section of the Auto-Attendant you are provided with an option to select your preferred / Business hours for the menu options to take place. When this is done the Auto Attendant greeting will only be played during your selected times and on selective days.
When selecting the greeting to be played for the Auto Attendant, "Smart Auto Attendant" is a combination of your account's smart greeting and the menu option configured on the account.
You have the option of recording or choosing another greeting for the Auto Attendant Menu.
Please note: If you do not use the Smart Auto Attendant option, the recording MUST include the configured menu options so the callers are aware of the selections.
For the section "For My Contacts," You choose to play the assigned personal greeting, this way your contacts will not receive the default Auto-Attendant greeting.
When configuring the menu options, the first prompt allows you to have callers automatically directed to voicemail should they not press any keys tied to the options you have added. You can have the waiting period reduced or increased depending on the time you'd like to provide your callers to select a menu option.
This can also be changed to forward to voicemail, repeat the options, or to disconnect the call.
Once you are ready to have your options added, Select "+ Add" You can have up to 9 options added, not including option 8 (this line is used for conference calls).
When setting up your menu options, under "Action", please note the details below;
- Connects to (Simultaneously) - When this option is selected, you can add multiple numbers to the same menu option and all numbers will ring at the same time. The first line to answer will receive the call.
- Connects to (Sequentially) - With this option, you are able to enter a connecting number and then the number of seconds you'd like the call to ring. After that time has passed you have the option of adding additional numbers to forward to in order.
- Please note: You want the call to ring with enough time to reach the recipient but also ring short enough that it transfers before reaching the first recipient's voicemail. If it is forwarded to the first recipient's voicemail, it cannot be transferred after that.
Setting up Auto Attendant on Extra Lines
- On the left-hand panel, click on Phones
- Under the selected Extra line that AA will be set up on, click the "Edit" button > then select the drop-down bar under "Forwarding Type"
- Select "Use an Auto Attendant Menu"
- The setup for the Auto Attendant on the Extra Line will be the same as the main line setup.
For additional steps click here: Configuring the Auto-Attendant
|Not finding a resolution to your issue? Submit a request here! We'd love to get your issue resolved.|