Your in-app notifications should be sent immediately after you receive a voicemail.
- Make sure that your phone is properly forwarding to YouMail. You can verify your activation by doing a test call. Please follow these instructions to do a test call.
- You can manually refresh the inbox in your app by swiping down in the iPhone app.
- If you are signed-up for human-edited transcription, there will be a slight delay in the notification for a couple minutes at most until the human operator finishes your transcription.
Notification emails are sent immediately after the voicemail is deposited. There are several possible causes and resolutions to this issue.
- Your email account might treat email from YouMail as spam. Make sure you have firstname.lastname@example.org in your email address book.
- Your email server might treat email from YouMail as spam. You will have to contact your IT administrator to make sure it’s being let through.
- If you are signed-up for human-edited transcription, there will be a slight delay of a couple minutes at most in the notification email until the human operator finishes your transcription. Machine-only transcriptions process instantly and thus send you notifications immediately, but they are not as accurate.
If you are still having problems, please submit a ticket to our support team.