Changing the greeting from the iPhone YouMail app is quick and easy! You can also record your own personal greeting from the app as well.
To reach the Greetings section, tap the gear icon on the bottom right. Tap on "Greetings" from the menu list that appears.
To change your default greeting:
- Tap on Greetings
- Under the heading "Main", you will see what greeting is set as the default. Tap that so it opens the greeting itself and it's settings.
- Tap the green bar that reads "Main Greeting" and a pop up will appear up from the bottom. You can either record a greeting yourself or choose from the list of greetings you already have.
- If you decide to record your own greeting, you might get a pop up for permission to access your microphone, tap "Ok" to allow. Then record your greeting, give it a title, save it and set it as "Main".
- When you tap the back button to go back to your Greetings menu, the newly selected greeting will appear as the Main greeting.
To change the greeting for a contact:
- Tap on greeting you wish to assign them from your list of greetings (or record one especially for them)
- Tap on "Add Contacts" and your list of saved YouMail contacts will appear.
- Select one or as many contacts as you would like to assign and then tap "Done" on the top right. Your screen will now show you the greeting and that there is a contact it's assigned to.
Record or select a greeting from community greetings list:
- Under the Greetings section, tap the big blue button on the bottom right and the option to record a new greeting or select a greeting from those who our users have uploaded will appear.
- The recording of a new greeting is the same process as discussed above. To select a community greeting, tap on "Browse Greetings". A new screen will open and it will be our community greetings page with various categories to choose from.
- Select the category you wish to browse, choose the greeting you want to listen to and if it's something you wish to save to your list of YouMail greetings, just tap on "Use This Greeting" and it will be copied to your account.
We are always available to answer any questions you may have regarding greetings or if you run into any issues!