You can update or even remove your caller ID information from the YouMail Public Directory anytime you have access to the YouMail website. You will need to have an account with YouMail to be able to edit your caller ID info. This way, we can confirm that the number belongs to you during the number verification process. By making it so that only verified users can update their numbers, we prevent third-parties from hijacking your caller ID info.
To request an update of your information:
- Please follow this link to the YouMail Public Directory
- Type in your phone number in the search bar and click Search
- Fill in this box.
- Click Submit when you are done
- If the change doesn't appear right away, please allow up to 24 hours for changes to take effect
- If your name is still showing up in the directory after requesting the changes or you want to entirely remove all information from the public directory, make sure to type Unknown in the First Name or Last Name field