Deactivating YouMail and restoring your carrier’s voicemail settings rely on carrier specific codes. If for any reason, the Deactivation Codes listed here are not working, it is because your carrier has changed the codes needed to reset call forwarding. However, there is another simple solution that will deactivate YouMail and forward your calls back to your carrier.
Please follow this guide and read over the note at the bottom:
1. Call your phone carrier’s customer support line.
Here is a quick list of common carriers and their customer support phone numbers:
- Verizon Wireless (800) 922-0204
- Sprint (888) 211-4727
- AT&T (800) 331-0500
- T-Mobile (877) 453-1304
2. When a customer support agent asks what you need assistance with, tell them the following: “Hi, I have my calls forwarding to this number and don’t want them going there anymore. Can I cancel my call forwarding?” If they don't know what call forwarding is say it is the no answer/busy transfer number.
3. The customer support representative will restore your phone’s original voicemail settings from there.
That’s it! It should be as simple as that, however there are several important things to keep in mind:
- Do NOT mention YouMail when speaking to the representative because your carrier will then tell you that YouMail is not a part of their service and they will not be inclined to help you if they think your issue is not carrier-related.
- If the person helping you doesn’t understand what you’re saying, simply ask to speak to a different representative (tier 2 technical support). Call forwarding is a standard carrier issue and there should be someone available that can easily assist you.