Extra Line is a second phone number for your mobile phone. This feature gives you two options: You can have calls to this second number go straight to voicemail or ring your phone. When making outbound calls (only for those on the Professional plans), the recipient will see the extra line number instead of your main number. It allows you to keep your business separate from your personal life, or simply protect your privacy by giving out your Extra Line instead of your mobile number. Upgrade to get your own extra line!
To select your Extra Line on the web:
1. Sign into your YouMail account and click on "Phones" located on the left hand side
2. Click "+ Add number" located on the top right and select "Extra Line".
3. Options with your pre-selected area code will appear but search for any state/area code you want to see if there is anything available.
4. Once you have selected your number, click the "Edit" button to set it up how you wish to have calls handled and what greeting you would like your callers to hear. You have the option of uploading or recording a greeting as well.
You can now start using your YouMail Extra Line!
When to use your Extra Line
- Use It for your business:
Separate business and personal calls with a second phone number.
- Use it for your privacy
Selling something on Craigslist or using a dating site and don’t want to give out your real number? The extra line is the way to go!