YouMail wants to better your life and business by offering you features that work! That is why we provide you free conference calls with any YouMail plan. It is a feature quite easy to use and below we will detail how to take advantage of it.
You will want to first check and adjust your conference call settings here. You will be able to adjust the following settings, but please keep in mind there are certain conference call settings available only to Professional subscribers. For example, all users can start and host a conference call, but only Professional subscribers can record and forward conference recordings to participants.
Once you have adjusted the appropriate settings, you are ready to get started! The easiest way to have your participants join your conference call is to have them call your phone, wait until they hear your voicemail greeting, and press the number 8 before the greeting ends. To join your own conference call, call your phone number from your own device and press 8 before the end of your greeting.
If you have a paid subscription, you can also provide your callers with your mailbox number to have direct access to your voicemail greeting--just have them press 8 as soon as they connect. To locate your mailbox number, please visit this link and scroll to the bottom of the page, and you will see a bold number beneath the heading "How YouMail Works."
Equally, as a Professional subscriber, you can join your own conference call via the app!
- For iPhone users, please select the blue circle with a key pad above the settings tab at the bottom right corner of the app, and then select New Conference.
- For Android users, please select the three bars in the top left corner of the app, select Conference Calls, and then select the blue call button at the bottom right corner of the app.
Once a conference call is completed, hosts will receive an email with all the info regarding who joined your call as well as a text summary of what was discussed. Scared that the transcription might miss something? With the YouMail Professional Plan, we'll automatically send you an audio recording of the conference call that was just made.
After each call, you can review the details of the conference call via your Conference Tab on the YouMail website. This page will also give you the instructions for joining a conference call if you ever forget!
Here are some additional tips that are to be kept in mind regarding conference calls:
- We recommend having no more than 10 participants in your conference call, because any more than that will compromise the quality of a call.
- If you are worried about unauthorized callers joining your conference call, be sure to add in a pin via the Conference settings menu.
- If you consistently have issues with the connection of your conference calls, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can change your mailbox number to troubleshoot.
We hope you enjoy and take full advantage of our Conference Calling feature, and if you ever need any assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.