Are you trying to activate your call forwarding through T-Mobile but the activation codes keep failing? This may be due to a recent change T-Mobile has made to your system that prioritizes cellular calling over WiFi.
Follow these steps to correct this error and activate your call forwarding to YouMail:
- Turn off your WiFi calling through your phone's settings
- Go to the Phones menu on YouMail.com and click the drop down menu under your number to Forward to YouMail to get the activation codes
- Dial the codes one at a time as shown
- If the codes fail, dial them gain until it succeeds. T-Mobile tends to drop calls if your network connection is weak
If you are still unable to activate your call forwarding, you may need to contact T-Mobile's technical support team and have them manually set up your Conditional Call Forwarding to your YouMail deposit number which can be accessed by contacting Support@youmail.com.
T-Mobile MMI Error Issue:
As of October 16, 2019, we've found that some T-Mobile YouMail users are experiencing an MMI error. If you received a message that said "invalid MMI codes" please follow the following steps.
- Go to your iPhone's Settings app
- Go to "Cellular"
- Click "Cellular Data Options"
- Tap "Enable LTE"
- Click "Off"
- Return to the YouMail app and try to reactivate (open the app, select the Settings icon in the bottom right, click "Activate" and follow steps).
- Go to your Android's Settings
- Select "Network and Internet"
- Select "Mobile Network"
- Turn off "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode"
- Return to the YouMail app and try to reactivate (open the app, tap the Menu in the top left corner, go to Settings, click Activate/Deactivate and follow steps).
**Note: The settings choices may differ slightly depending on the phone and OS.**