YouMail utilizes a carrier feature called Conditional Call Forwarding (CCF) to receive your missed calls and connect you to our system. Most carriers have automatic codes that you can dial to activate the CCF feature on your phone, but some carriers like Boost Mobile require a manual activation.
Therefore, you will need to call Boost Mobile and follow the four steps below. Just note that some representatives at Boost Mobile are not aware the CCF feature is different from regular call forwarding. Therefore, your call to them might be longer or shorter depending on how knowledgeable the person you’re speaking with is.
- Call Boost Mobile by dialing 611 on your Boost Mobile phone or at 866-402-7366
- Tell Customer Service that ‘you need to be transferred to Technical Support to have Conditional Call forwarding turned on your account’
- Once you get Tech Support on the line say the following: 'I need you to turn on Conditional Call Forwarding thorough the D.N.A tool' be prepared to give Tech Support the YouMail forwarding number (347) 896-6996 when they ask for it
- Congratulations! we realize that getting Boost Mobile to turn on CCF could be a hassle depending on the agent you get. Now, that CCF is turned on, you can finish your activation on the YouMail app which would roughly take 3 minutes.
- Go back to YouMail app and enter your first/last name on the 'Personal info' page and click 'Next'.
- You will then get a 'Restricted Carrier' page, please ignore it and exit the app.
- Now log back in the YouMail app and go to 'Settings' and click 'Activate/Deactivate'
- Last step click on 'Verify YouMail is working' … Once you get 'Alright!' YouMail is activated with Boost Mobile' you are all done! :)
Note – YouMail is not officially supported on Boost Mobile because Boost Mobile needs to manually turn on the CCF feature on your account for YouMail to work.