Wi-Fi Calling lets you make and receive voice and video calls over a Wi-Fi connection instead of using your cellular connection. However, it is not compatible when activating YouMail on your phone. YouMail cannot connect if you are on a poor network connection or using Wi-Fi to connect your calls.
WiFi calling utilizes both WiFi and Data to make the call. This causes issues when we are attempting to make changes to the carrier's settings because the carrier will only allow data calls to make changes to your account.
- Go to Settings and select Wi-Fi Calling.
- Disable Wi-Fi calling:
- Wi-Fi calling is now turned OFF.
- From the home screen, tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap Phone.
- Tap Wi-Fi Calling.
- Tap the Wi-Fi Calling to toggle the feature off.
- The Wi-Fi Calling status is now changed.
- Note: To re-enable, follow the steps above but toggle on. If prompted, read the Enable Wi-Fi Calling message, then tap Enable.
After disabling Wi-Fi calling, you can now retry activation. Just be sure you have good network coverage as well!