Who and what is YouMail?
YouMail, like PhoneTag includes a voicemail to e-mail service that transcribes all your messages. But it does much more!
Our service transcribes your voicemails so you can conveniently read your messages whenever and where ever you like via our app, your YouMail web account, email or text.
We also offer a spam blocking feature so you can receive the calls you do want while the junk calls get filtered out.
These are just a small number of features YouMail provides but we have many more!
How do you contact us for assistance?
We have 3 ways our users can reach out to us!
- Live Chat
All options can be viewed and accessed via our Help Center page: YouMail Help Center
Where are my PhoneTag voicemails now and how can I access them?
Your voicemails and personal information, including payment information has automatically been transferred to your newly created YouMail account.
What does YouMail offer that PhoneTag didn’t?
On top of being a voicemail transcription and spam call blocking service, we also offer an array of useful features as well:
- Larger inbox storage so you don't have to worry about clearing your inbox very often.
- Virtual numbers (also known as Extra Lines) that you can have either forward to your cell so you don't have to worry about giving out your main number. You can also have it go straight to voicemail or even assign a different voicemail greeting to it. The ability to make outbound calls as well and send and receive text messages to the line is another feature.
- Assigning special voicemail greetings to your contacts that only they hear when they leave a voicemail and a default greeting for anyone else. You can also record your own greeting, upload your own file or choose from our list of community greetings.
- Auto-Attendant for those who have a business with multiple departments so the caller can hear your message and press 1, 2, 3, etc and be transferred to the person/department they need to reach.
- Conference calling so you can hold important meetings with multiple people at the same time, right from your phone.
- Text alerts for voicemails that are left, including the transcription of the message.
- Auto-reply which is a text message that is sent to a caller who reached your voicemail and includes a short message and a link to your digital business card.
- Auto-Forwarding lets you add another email address to your account so not only is an emailed voicemail alert is sent to your main email, but it's also sent to say, your assistant or business partner.
To learn more, please click this link: YouMail Features
Note: Depending on the features you wish to have access to, upgrading to the Plus plan or a Professional plan is required.
What if I am a Canadian user?
If you are a Canadian user, you will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to opt-in to continue the service on or before October 15th, 2020. Otherwise, your account will be closed and all your data will be deleted.
Do I have to do anything to get activated or get started?
All your information will be transitioned over to YouMail and that includes activation because we have acquired your forwarding number assigned to you by PhoneTag. You will use the same log in information you used to log into your PhoneTag account to access your YouMail account.