Updating A New Phone Number Online
When you get a new phone or phone number, make sure to update your YouMail account right away! Please note that only paid YouMail subscribers (Professional and subscribers) can add multiple lines to their accounts; free subscribers can only replace their existing phone number. If you change your number you will have to update your phone number and re-activate.
- Getting a new phone, carrier, or number WILL cause your call forwarding feature to reset. You must update your account and reactivate when this happens.
- If your number has not changed, but you got a new phone or carrier, please select Edit beneath your phone number and update the device and carrier information.
- If you got a new phone and carrier, and you are attempting to activate on an unlocked device, please review this article: Activating YouMail on an Unlocked Phone.
Go to the Website and Update the Phone Number
- Please go to log in to your account at YouMail.com and once signed in, go to Phone Lines. You can also click here to go directly to this page.
- Once you are on the dashboard, select Remove to delete the old number.
- Next, dial the deactivation codes > check the box after you have dialed the codes > and select Remove.
- If you still have the phone number connected to YouMail, or if you do not have the phone you can still select the box "I have deactivated YouMail using the above codes(0)" and select Remove.
- Please note, if you no longer own the number and calls are still forwarding to YouMail, you will need to contact your carrier and ask them to remove the call forwarding settings from that number.
- Lastly, add the new phone number under +Add number, then select Phone, and follow the onscreen instructions to re-activate the new phone number.
How to Delete Your Messages on the Web
How to check your Voicemail Online
How to Edit Contacts on the Web
|Not finding a resolution to your issue? Submit a request here! We'd love to get your issue resolved.