Subscribers to our Professional plans may port-in phone numbers they already own with another provider to YouMail as an Extra Line. Porting a number to YouMail will transfer service for the phone number from your current provider to YouMail. Once the porting process has been completed, you will have a fully functioning Extra Line from which you can call and text using the YouMail app.
- We do not support porting in Toll-Free Numbers (e.g. 800, 888, 855, etc)
- We are not a wireless provider, our porting timeline is more like a wireline or IP port and can take up to 2 weeks to complete
- The number you are porting must remain fully active with your current provider during the entire porting process.
- To ensure that your port is processed with little to no errors you can preemptively request a Customer Service Record (CSR) from your carrier. The CSR might have information not displayed on your bill that can assist us if needs be.
To initiate a port request, please gather and send the following information from the email address on file for your YouMail account to email@example.com. Make sure to verify this information with your current provider as any mismatches will result in significant delays while the order has to be cancelled and resubmitted with the correct information.
- Business Name:
- Number to be ported:
- Carrier PIN:
- Copy of Bill (COB) from carrier dated within 30 days of the current date. Make sure the following information is visible on the bill and attach the PDF to your email
- Client's Name on carrier's bill
- Client's Business Name on carrier's bill (If available)
- Client's Address on carrier's bill
- Carriers account number
- Customer Service Report (CSR) Optional
- Google Voice: Google requires your number to be "unlocked" before you can port it out and may include a fee. Please make sure you've unlocked your number before requesting a port
- MagicJack: The carrier's 4 digit PIN is the same as your password to login to your web account. In order us to port your number, you'll need to login into your MagicJack account and change your password to a 6 digit number that DOES NOT start with 0
- Vonage: This carrier doesn't like releasing their numbers. They typically drag their feet and take days to reply to emails
- ALL CANADA NUMBERS: All Canada-based carriers require information to be manually entered so it will take a minimum of 2 weeks